Topic: Photovoltaic cells (Solar energy)
Team Q61: Loris & Ronny
In unserem Projekt befassen wir uns mit der Solarenergie, Schwerpunkt Photovoltaikanlagen. Unser Ziel ist es, dieses Thema uns selber wie auch Drittpersonen näher zu bringen. Mit Hilfe von zahlreichen Internetrecherchen konnten wir sehr viel über die Solarenergie herausfinden und unser Wissen auf ein neues Level bringen. Ebenso konnten wir mit der Energieberatung der Gemeinde Mönchaltorf ein Interview führen und somit die Meinung eines Experten einholen – auf diese Art und Weise haben wir den Bezug hergestellt, wie es mit den Photovoltaikanlagen in der Realität aussieht.
In our project we informed ourselves about photovoltaic cells and solar energy.
Our goals in this subject matter were that we wanted to get across the whole topic to our readers as clear and interesting as possible. We made some internet research and took an interview with Mrs. Moll, an expert in photovoltaic and solar energy, from the commune of Möchaltorf in Zurich. In the interview we asked her some questions about the increase and the popularity of the whole topic; the questions are answered below.
Furthermore we asked a company for a non-binding offer, to see how much money you would have to pay for building a photovoltaic cell on your house. We made a statistic of the improvement of PV-Cells in order to get an impression of how the sales have increased. In conclusion we can say, as an owner of a house it is worth to build a photovoltaic system because the costs incurred are lower in a longer time period. Most important is the environmental aspect, that we can avoid nuclear power and use a renewable energy source, namely the sun.
Here you can see two examples of houses in Mönchaltorf, canton of Zurich, which have photovoltaic cells on their roofs.
Main Question 61 – How do photovoltaic cells work?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using photovoltaic cells?
- How exactly does the sun produce energy, how do photovoltaic cells work?
- How will the usage of solar energy in Switzerland improve in the future?
- Would you use solar energy as a main energy source if you were able to?
-> Did you know that solar energy is more attractive than ever at this time?
- Where do photovoltaic cells come from? How much has the sale of PV-cells improved in the last years?
How we search for the answers:
- The answers to this questions will mostly be answered by internet research.
- If possible, we will maybe make an interview with a company that builds photovoltaic cells.
- We will make some calculations and researches about the step-by-step change in the Swiss evolution with photovoltaic cells.
- There is an interesting website which shows you the nearest photovoltaic cells’ seller.
We would like to get in touch with the community of Mönchaltorf (the “Energieberatung Möchaltorf”) and get an expert’s comment from them. We will use the internet as a source for our research and we will try to take some good pictures.
All results are going to be summed up on our webpage and of course we would like to have meaningful answers to our questions and a quick summary about our new knowledge.
We are going to make an interview with someone from the community of Mönchaltorf (building departement). Maybe we can talk to someone who has already photovoltaic cells at home.
Pros & Cons: Quick Pros and Cons of Solar Photovoltaic (blog.renewableenergyworld.com)
Interesting Company: helion-solar.ch
Facts about Switzerland and photovoltaic producers: (solarprofis.ch) (energieschweiz.ch)
Heading picture and photovoltaic project example: Photovoltaik-Anlage Quinten – Versorgung mit erneuerbarer Energie (swisscleantech.ch)